Home » Our Practice » Frequently Asks Questions
Frequently Asks Questions
COMMON POST OP QUESTIONS
- How long should I sleep inclined?
- 2 weeks
- When after surgery can I take a bath?
- 6 weeks
- When can I shower after surgery?
- You can shower once drains are removed otherwise you’re cleared to shower within a few days after surgery
- How long do I have to wait to go swimming?
- 6 weeks
- My incision is itchy what should I do?
- Inform the office
- How long should I wear compression socks for after BA/Abdominoplasty?
- 24/7 until you’re returning to normal daily activities
- How long until I can workout after Breast Aug?
- Exercise should be avoided until 4 weeks after surgery
- How long do I leave the tape on my incision?
- Until the tape falls off
- How long is it normal to be swollen for after surgery?
- Swelling can last from several weeks to months everyone heals differently based on complexity of the case
- Can I take my binder off the day after my abdominoplasty?
- Patients should wear their binder 24/7 for 6 weeks after surgery. It’s ok to remove the binder to wash it and to shower. We advise all patients to maintain a tight compression
- Can I straighten my torso the day after surgery?
- No, patients should remain in a hunched over position to eliminate tension on the incision for the first 5 days after surgery
- Am I ok to take ibuprofen or aleve for pain now?
- After abdominoplasty patient can start to take ibuprofen 1 week after surgery
- When can I start the gel strips for scaring?
- 3 weeks after surgery as long as all steristrips have fallen off on their own